I officially finished this up last night, and the timing couldn’t have been better. We had a night of -15 degrees and the bus stop was NOT fun this morning! Winter just doesn’t seem to want to let go this year. Anyway….
This lovely is a bit time consuming as its done with single crochets, I assume it wouldn’t take as long if you dedicate your time to it as opposed to working one or two rows a day and then picking something else up! The mister named it, (alright, let’s be honest, he names everything for me) he said it reminds him of old time carnivals and “carousels go round and round”. Clever boy!
So here it is, the Carousel Infinity:
- H- hook
- A collection of yarn, I used worsted weight
- Yarn hook
Ch – chain
sc – single crochet
dec – decrease
skp st – skip stitch
-There is no rhyme or reason to the color scheme. Change colors whenever you choose by chaining with the new color at the beginning of the row.
– I chose my colors, placed them all in a basket and then would pull blindly. It’s more fun this way, you have no idea what the finished product will look like!
– The scarf pictured has around 210 rows.
H – hook
1. Starting in 2nd ch from hk:
*sc 4, 3sc in next st, sc 4, skp next 2 st* repeat across
2. ch 1, turn, skp 1st st:
( sc 4, 3sc in next st, sc 4, skp next 2 st )2x, sc 4, 3sc in next st, sc 3,
sc last 2 sts together)
– Repeat row #2 until desired length.
– when you have reached your desired length, weave in those pesky ends, and then sew the two ends together.
Super easy and endless possibilities by changing colors!